FREE !! - Queensland State Schools eBooks Digital Library
Parents, we have some exciting news. Our school has now registered to access the Queensland State Schools’ eBooks Digital Library. All students from years 3 to 6 are able to access this library and start reading NOW.
WHAT does this mean?
The eBooks Digital Library, which is provided on the OverDrive eBooks platform, contains over 10 500 eBooks, audiobooks and videos, including fiction and non-fiction reading material for students, which you can borrow and read 24/7 at home, at school, on your PC, laptop or mobile device.
This is what you do.....
1. Go to this web address:
http://educationqld.lib.overdrive.com and login using your MIS ID e.g. tlag4 (you don't need a password). YOUR class teacher will give you your ID if you don’t already know what it is.
2. Browse for a book you like and SAMPLE it first.
3. If you really want to read it, then BORROW it. You may need to install software or apps on your personal computers or devices.
1. Download free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software, Adobe Digital editions opens EPUB books, which may be read offline and / or on multiple devices.
2. Open the eBooks Digital Library -
http://educationqld.lib.overdrive.com (Login with your MIS ID).
3. Browse or search for titles - (Enter keywords or browse subjects or collections)
4. Sample first to preview - (Not sure if you want to read a book? - Sample it first - some titles can only be borrowed or downloaded 26 times, so if in doubt - SAMPLE FIRST)
5. Borrow A book.
6. Read A book. DOWNLOAD (EPUB): online OR offline; access your eBook on multiple devices; READ in your browser: online only via OverDrive Read Download the free OverDrive app. The app is available for Android, iOS (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch), Windows 8, Windows Phone, and Kindle Fire tablets -